🌷The 3 F's - The Focus Café way ☕
Heyyy Study Beans! It’s Rora 🌷☕ This isn't really a tutorial or anything, I just wanted to share something I've been doing when my brain is being especially unhelpful. Sometimes I sit down to study and somehow end up with my planner, five books, three pens and absolutely no idea what I'm supposed to be doing. So I started using three little steps to make things feel less messy: Filter, Fill and Focus.
1. Filter: For me, Filter is basically just getting rid of the stuff I don't need before I start. I'll put away the extra books, move random things off my desk and put my phone somewhere I won't immediately grab it. I also like setting up the space a little so it feels nice to actually sit there. Nothing dramatic or Pinterest-perfect, just enough that I don't feel like my desk is fighting me.2. Fill: Fill is where I decide what I'm actually going to do. I used to look at my entire to-do list at once and then wonder why I suddenly didn't want to do anything. 😠Now I just pick the things that actually make sense for that particular study session. If I have loads of energy, I'll do more. If I'm tired, I'll keep it smaller. The point is to choose what belongs right now, instead of trying to fit my entire life into one afternoon.
3. Focus: And then there's Focus, which is probably the hardest one because eventually I have to stop planning and actually study. 💀 Once I've decided what I'm doing, I just try to stick with it for a while instead of constantly switching between things. I still get distracted, obviously, but I don't treat that like the end of the world. I just come back to whatever I was doing and keep going.
That's basically the whole thing. Filter, Fill, Focus. It's nothing complicated, and I definitely wouldn't call it some magical study method. It's just a little system that helps me when everything starts feeling messy and my planner gives me the classic “what are we even doing” energy. Sometimes that's all I really need.
- Rora 🌷






Comments
Post a Comment