🌷What to do when you're behind in Schoolwork☕

Heya Study Beans!! It’s Rora ☕️ back with a little post about something I’m pretty sure almost every student has dealt with at some point: being behind. Maybe your notes are incomplete, you haven’t revised something you were supposed to, or you just looked at your workload and thought, oh god, when did it get this big? Yeah. That feeling. So this is basically what I do when I’m behind and have absolutely no idea where to start.


First of all, being behind doesn’t automatically mean you’ve failed at anything. Sometimes school just piles things on at once and suddenly you have unfinished notes, revision, homework, tests and about seventeen other things sitting in your brain. The first thing I try to do is stop myself from panicking about all of it at once, because that usually just makes everything feel ten times bigger than it actually is. So before doing anything, I take a minute and just reset.


Once I’ve calmed down a little, I try to figure out what “behind” actually means. Instead of thinking I HAVE SO MUCH TO DO, I look at what’s actually missing. Maybe it’s one chapter, a few pages of notes, or a test I haven’t prepared for yet. Usually it’s not literally everything. Breaking it down makes it much easier to see what I’m dealing with instead of just staring at one huge scary pile of schoolwork.


Then comes the part where I have to stop trying to catch up on everything in one day. I know the temptation is to sit down and go, okay, today I’m fixing my entire academic life, but that usually ends with me getting tired and doing absolutely nothing. I’d rather pick one thing that actually matters right now and work on that first. You don’t have to fix the past before you can start moving forward.


I also really like doing what I call a little reset session when I’m behind. Instead of forcing myself into some massive three-hour study session, I’ll start with something small, even if it’s only ten or fifteen minutes. Reading a few pages, finishing one question or just getting my notes open counts. The point is mostly to remind my brain, okay, we’re studying again. Once I actually start, continuing usually feels much less impossible.


And PLEASE don’t spend the entire time feeling guilty about being behind. I know it’s easier said than done, but sitting there thinking I should’ve done this earlier isn’t going to magically get the work finished. It just makes starting harder. Being behind doesn’t mean you’re lazy or bad at studying. Sometimes you just fell behind. That happens. What matters more is what you do once you notice it.


Before I finish studying, I like having one really clear thing done. It doesn’t have to be some huge achievement either. Maybe I finished a page, understood one topic, completed a set of questions or finally made those notes I’d been avoiding. Having one finished thing makes the whole session feel less pointless, and honestly, that tiny wait, I actually got something done feeling helps a LOT when you’re trying to get back into a routine. Imagine this:- Every time you finish a specific task, you can think or yourself now as a SUCCESSFULLY GRADUATED STUDY BEAN! That would give you more motivation


So yeah, if you’re behind right now, don’t try to fix your entire life in one sitting 😭. Slow down, figure out what actually needs doing, pick one thing and start there. You’ll catch up eventually. You don’t need to do everything perfectly or all at once. Just get yourself moving again, even if you have to start really, really small.

-Rora🌷

Comments

  1. Amazing my princess❤️well analysed and very well articulated. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment